This is a sponsored post in partnership with Valvoline. All thoughts and opinions are mine.
A few years ago I scheduled my very first mammogram
and to be honest, the mammogram itself wasn’t that bad. It’s not the most comfortable thing in the world to go through, and it is scary BUT it is something that every woman must do. A few days after my mammogram I received a letter in the mail, it stated, and I quote, “Your breast imaging procedure performed on 6/21/2013 shows the need for further evaluation.” My world stopped the minute I read that line.
To make a long story short, I thought that I had cancer and after four mammograms in one year, one more intense than the next, I was declared cancer free and told to resume my yearly mammogram. I would have never even known this information if I hadn’t gone to the first one because of fear.
Facts About Breast Cancer In The United States
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
National Mammography Day is October 19th – schedule your mammogram today!
Mammograms are so important, that is why I love to see companies like Valvoline Instant Oil Change supporting breast cancer awareness by partnering with AutoTex PINK to raise funds and increase awareness for National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc®.
Valvoline Instant Oil Change has donated over $86,500 since 2012.
My husband and I went to our local Valvoline Instant Oil Change to have our oil changed along with free maintenance tests like testing the power steering fluid, headlights and taillights and windshield washer fluid. Our technician Chris was wonderful and really took the time to let us know what he was doing while he was doing it. We remained in the car the entire time and it only took about 15 minutes.
While there we and “went PINK” by having pink wiper blades installed on our car. The wiper blades fit 98% of cars, trucks and SUVs manufactured after 2003 and they are super cute!
After you make your purchase, be sure to enter the “Pink My Ride Photo Contest” for a chance to win up to a year of free oil changes!
Print out the following coupon to get yours!
VIOC is making a double donation on all wipers sold! Find a location near you!
STAY SOCIAL WITH VIOC