#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Save-A-Lot. This could include Save-A-Lot providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
I am on a personal mission to not only feel better this summer, but to eat better, in fact, my whole family is on this mission together. We have vowed to stay active outside and in and make meals that we can all enjoy. My meat and potato guys have vowed to incorporate more veggies into their diets and curbs the snack food.
Our local Baltimore County Save-A-Lot, which is literally a 5 minute walk around the corner, has a wide selection of fresh veggies, fruits, and other delicious ingredients to make healthy side-dishes and for me, salads. I could eat a salad every day for a year and never get tired of them because of the variety they afford. You can make a salad from almost anything, and, believe me, I have.
I am not one for the same old recipes day in and day out. I like to try different things and mix things up a bit, especially with salads so I took a trip to my Save-A-Lot and gathered some ingredients without having anything in mind before going. I wanted to see just how easy it would be to create a salad by just looking at the produce section, and it didn’t take long at all.
My eyes went right for the Dole Chopped Salad kits.
It had pretty much everything I needed to make a great salad on the fly. Cheese, tortilla strips, and dressing.
I grabbed some Sweet Grape Tomatoes and a jar of Kurtz Mild Banana Pepper Rings and I was good to go!
My husband had planned on grilling steaks that we had purchased previously so my brain went straight to a Grilled Steak and Corn Chipotle Salad.
I grabbed some corn and put it in some tinfoil and we threw that on the grill. I used canned corn, but you can use frozen, both can be found at Save-A-Lot. I sliced up the steak and added all the ingredients and here is my result!
Grilled Steak and Corn Chipotle Salad
- Grilled Steak sliced into strips
- 1 can Corn or 1 bag of frozen
- Dole Chopped Salad Kit Chipotle & Cheddar
- 10 Grape Tomatoes sliced or whole
- Mild Banana Pepper Rings
- Grill steak and slice into strips and set aside
- Place corn in tin foil, fold and grill to heated through (could also cook on stove or microwave)
- Slice or keep grape tomatoes whole
- Add Dole Chopped salad kit to bowl
- Add in tomatoes, corn, peppers, steak, tortilla strips from salad kit and sprinkle with cheese
- Serve with dressing on salad or on the side to just dip fork into.
STAY SOCIAL WITH SAVE-A-LOT