My favorite desserts are tiramisu and cheesecake hands down. The problem with them being my favorite deserts is the fact that they both have gluten in them, which sadly I cannot have. I miss them, and I was bound to figure out a way to make a dessert that encompassed both of my favorites and be gluten-free.
A few weeks ago I told you about all natural fresh dairy cream from BK Creamery and how the cream can be used in many recipes. I decided to incorporate BK Creamery Extra Thick Dairy Cream into my Gluten-Free Tiramisu Cheesecake recipe in the hopes that it would provide that extra richness that I knew the recipe would need.
I gathered my ingredients; gluten-free lady fingers, mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, extra thick dairy cream, cocoa powder, 4 eggs, espresso and some sugar. I had most on-hand since I had planned on making a regular tiramisu before coming up with the cheesecake idea.
You are going to soak your lady fingers in the espresso and layer in a dish. Since I had already purchased the package of gluten-free lady fingers I didn’t know that I would need two for this recipe since it would have been better to layer them or place in a larger baking dish. I used a 9X9 to accommodate the lack of lady fingers but definitely use a 13X9 when you plan on making this.
Combine sugar, and cream cheese and beat until smooth.
Then you want to add the Extra Thick Dairy Cream, mascarpone cheese and eggs until combined.
Pour into your baking dish and bake for 45 minutes at 325 degrees. Again, use a larger dish because you will have a lot of batter.
Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes then take a knife and run all around the sides to loosen. Continue to cool for 1 hour. Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Before serving, dust with cocoa.
- 2 packages of gluten-free Lady Fingers
- 1 cup of strongly brewed espresso or coffee
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 container (9 ounce) of BK Creamery Extra Thick Double Cream
- 1 container of Marscapone cheese (8.8OZ)
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Grease bottom of 13×9 baking dish
- Brew cup of coffee or espresso
- Soak each Lady Finger in mixture then layer in baking dish
- In a mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar and beat until smooth
- Add Dairy Cream, mascarpone cheese and eggs and beat till combined
- Pour the filling over lady fingers spreading evenly
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set
- Cool for 10 minutes then use a knife to go all around sides to loosen
- Cool for an additional hour
- Cover with plastic wrap and cool in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with dusted cocoa powder on top
Disclosure: I am participating in a Sverve campaign for BK Creamery. I am receiving a fee for posting; however, the opinions expressed in this post and the recipe are my own. I am in no way affiliated with BK Creamery and do not earn a commission or percent of sales.