Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings is now on all major digital platforms and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on November 30. Marvel fans can enjoy never-before-seen bonus material including 11 deleted scenes and a gag reel.
Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings stars Simu Liu as Shang-Chi, who must face the past he thought he left behind and confront his father, leader of the dangerous Ten Rings organization. The film also stars Awkwafina as Shang-Chi’s friend Katy, Meng’er Zhang, Fala Chen, and Florian Munteanu, with Michelle Yeoh as Ying Nan and Tony Leung as Xu Wenwu.
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is one of the latest additions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It expands the MCU to include an ancient powerful artifact called the Ten Rings as well as a lot of new history and background.
Shang-Chi was originally known as the Master of Kung Fu when he first appeared in Marvel Comics Special Marvel Edition #15 in 1973.
The movie introduces us to an ancient warlord who first discovered the ten magic rings. He used these rings to conquer his enemies and for a thousand years, the rings also gave him immortality, he ruled his dynasty with a ruthless fist, until he fell in love had a family. Over time he returned to his warlike ways, lost his family and this is where the story continues in the present day when he attempts to reunite his family, but, not for altruistic reasons.
The story follows his son and his journey back to his mother’s family and his ancient heritage. Along the way, he learns about himself, his past, his family, and the importance of believing in yourself.
The movie is a lot of fun. The characters are likable and hateable as they are meant to be and the action is fantastic. The new lore and history added to the rich tapestry that is the MCU will, without a doubt, be a cornerstone of the new phase of the MCU and is a great addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Beginning November 12, “one of Marvel’s best origin stories” (Sean Mulvihill, Fanboy Nation), Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings will be available to all Disney+ subscribers. The film also arrives on all digital stores such as Apple TV, Prime Video and Vudu with exclusive bonus features.
Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings Bonus Features*
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings.
- Deleted Scenes
- They’re Waiting – Shang-Chi and Katy connect with Xialing over a call.
- Take a Shot – Katy has a moment of resolve during a battle.
- Apology – Years after his sudden absence, Shang-Chi tries to apologize to Xialing.
- I’m Here – Shang-Chi and Katy have a conversation in the alley. Katy reassures Shang-Chi that she will always be his support system.
- Pep Talk – In order to turn the tide, Razor Fist encourages Katy during the middle of a battle.
- Greatness – Trevor and Katy bond over passions in their getaway car.
- Escape Tunnel – The gang slips out through Trevor’s escape tunnel in order to secure a getaway vehicle.
- Two Sons – Xu Wenwu compares Shang-Chi and Razor Fist during a tense dinner.
- Postcard – Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu reunite as father and son. Shang-Chi makes it clear he disagrees with Xu Wenwu’s philosophy.
- Just Friends – Katy and Xialing get to know each other. Xialing asks Katy some personal questions.
- Do It Yourself – Xu Wenwu returns to his empire after the Iron Gang boss is captured.
- Building a Legacy – Go behind the scenes and explore Shang-Chi’s explosive debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Family Ties – A deep dive into the rich but complicated legacy of Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu.
- Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by Destin Daniel Cretton and Dave Callaham.
STAY SOCIAL WITH SHANG-CHI