Marvel Studios’ beloved hero returns for a classic Thor adventure. Described as “emotional, exciting, and downright funny as hell” (Ben Kendrick, Screen Rant), Thor: Love and Thunder arrives on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD September 27. Fans can add the film to their Marvel Studios’ movie collection and access exclusive bonus content including deleted scenes, a gag reel and audio commentary by legendary filmmaker Taika Waititi. Thor: Love and Thunder is currently streaming on Disney+.
The fourth installment in the Thor series in the MCU continues in the same direction as its predecessor, as an action-comedy movie. Directed by Taika Waititi, who directed Thor: Ragnarök follows Thor and his cohorts as they try to rally the gods to help defeat the God Killer, played by Christian Bale while being reunited with his lost love, Jane Foster.
The story starts with the creation of the antagonist, Gorr, and establishes the reason for what he does throughout the rest of the film. Thor has changed dramatically since his first appearance in the MCU, and his outlook on life has been affected by all he has lost in the past few years; Odin, Loki, and his home Asgard but with the help of the Guardians of the Galaxy, he has been keeping busy.
Jane Foster, Thor’s love interest earlier in the MCU comes back and, with the help of Mjolnir, comes back as another Thor. Gorr kidnaps a large group of children from New Asgard, so our heroes go in search of allies, such as Zeus and the other gods who are hiding from Gorr.
The movie is well made, the action is fantastic, and the acting is top-notch, as you would expect from a Marvel movie. However, it feels as if they are leaning a little too hard into the comedic aspect with Thor, essentially turning the God of Thunder into the comic relief in his own movie. Hemsworth delivers in the role; his comedic and action chops are fantastic.
Thor Love and Thunder is a fun, action-packed, comedic story. The character of Thor continues to grow as a person, a hero, and a leader. Throughout the history of the MCU, Thor’s character growth has been well done and the character is better for it.
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Thor: Love and Thunder.
- Audio Commentary – Watch the film with audio commentary by director/writer Taika Waititi.
- Hammer-worthy: Thor and The Mighty Thor – Trace Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman’s journeys to becoming Thor and The Mighty Thor, respectively. Watch as the costars speak about the preparation behind embodying their legendary roles and describe how they combine their unstoppable forces.
- Shaping a Villain – This featurette introduces Love and Thunder’s primary antagonist, Gorr the God Butcher. Shining a light on the man who brings the character to life, this piece highlights his recruitment and process. Then fellow cast and crew reveal personal anecdotes.
- Another Classic Taika Adventure – This piece looks back on Taika Waititi’s journey taking over the Thor franchise and reinventing the God of Thunder. Revisit the moment Taika was announced as the new custodian of Thor and follow Taika through the production of Thor: Love and Thunder.
- Looking for Zeus – Thor, Valkyrie and Korg run into a few characters while seeking an audience with Zeus.
- Wasting Time – Star-Lord and Mantis convince Thor to help their cause.
- A Safe Vacation – A nonchalant Thor chats with a panicked Star-Lord and Mantis in the middle of chaos. An explosion thrusts Korg into the scene.
- Fighting For You – Zeus gifts Thor a special tool after overhearing a heartfelt conversation.
*Bonus features vary by product and retailer