Need to find that perfect holiday gift for that Disney fan in your life? Disney’s Live-Action ‘Mulan’ is now on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, and DVD, and Disney’s Animated ‘Mulan’ Comes to 4K Ultra HD™ for the First Time Ever!
Acclaimed filmmaker Niki Caro brings the epic tale of China’s legendary warrior to life in Disney’s “Mulan” in which a fearless young woman risks everything out of love for her family and her country to become one of the greatest warriors China has ever known. When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the Imperial Army to defend the country from Northern invaders, Hua Mulan, the eldest daughter of an honored warrior, steps in to take the place of her ailing father. Masquerading as a man, Hua Jun, she is tested every step of the way and must harness her inner strength and embrace her true potential. It is an epic journey that will transform her into an honored warrior and earn her the respect of a grateful nation … and a proud father.
Disney’s Live-Action “Mulan” 4K Ultra HD™ & Blu-ray™ Bonus Features
- Updating A Classic – Explore how filmmakers honored the original animated classic while creating an epic live-action adventure for a new generation.
- Mulan by Another Name – Meet talented actor Yifei Liu and trace her journey to becoming Mulan, from audition screen test to on-screen warrior.
- Being Bad – See actors Jason Scott Lee and Li Gong transform into the film’s evil duo through intense training, spectacular costumes and more.
- Reflections of “Mulan” – Enter the studio and hear what inspired the film’s music and sound, then listen as Yifei Liu records “Mulan”’s most iconic song.
- The Original Mulan – Ming-Na Wen, who voiced Mulan in the original animated classic, reflects on that experience and her cameo in this film.
- Deleted Scenes (some with commentary by Director Niki Caro):
- Little Sister Sewing
- Young to Old Mulan Sewing
- Hawk and Mulan Meet in Forest
- Mulan Underwater Rescued by Phoenix
- Mulan Runs Over Rourans
- Chancellor Turns Back to Witch
- Music Videos:
- “Reflection (2020)” Concept Video Performed by Christina Aguilera
- “Reflection (2020)” Lyric Video Performed by Christina Aguilera
- “Reflection” Music Video (Mandarin) Performed by Yifei Liu
- “Reflection” Music Video (English) Performed by Yifei Liu
- “Loyal Brave True” Concept Video (English) Performed by Christina Aguilera
- “Loyal Brave True” Concept Video (Spanish) Performed by Christina Aguilera
- “Loyal Brave True” Lyric Video (English) Performed by Christina Aguilera
- “Loyal Brave True” Lyric Video (Spanish) Performed by Christina Aguilera
Disney’s acclaimed classic “Mulan” transforms an ancient Chinese legend into an animated treasure, now in 4K Ultra HD™ on Nov. 10. Relive the wonder and excitement when Mulan’s adventures lead to a climactic battle in which her family’s honor and the fate of an entire nation rests in her hands.
This Ultimate Collector’s Edition will also be released as an exclusive Best Buy SteelBook®. The SteelBook® artwork includes Mulan’s cherished sidekick Mushu and her trusted steed Khan.
Disney’s Animated “Mulan” 4K Ultra HD™ & Blu-ray™ Bonus Features
- Deleted Scenes:
- “Keep ’Em Guessing”
- The Prologue Chronicle
- Shadow Puppets Prologue
- The Betrothal
- Shan-Yu Destroys the Village
- Mulan’s Daydream
- The Emperor’s Dream
- Classic Music and Featurettes:
- “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” Music Video Performed in Mandarin by Jackie Chan
- “Reflection” Music Video Performed by Christina Aguilera
- “Reflejo” Music Video Performed in Spanish by Lucero
- “True to Your Heart” Music Video Performed by Raven
- “True to Your Heart” Music Video Performed by Stevie Wonder & 98°
- Songs of “Mulan” – Producer Pam Coats, composer Matthew Wilder and lyricist David Zippel share the process of creating the music for “Mulan.” They discuss how they decided where to place songs in the film, what emotions the songs should evoke and how they should be used to advance the story. Also featured is a behind-the-scenes look at a recording session of “Reflection.”
- “Mulan”’s International Journey – Disney filmmakers explain the process by which Disney animated films are translated into as many as 35 different languages. This includes using the best translators, finding the appropriate voice talent in each country and taking painstaking measures to ensure that the creative integrity of the film is preserved.
- Multilanguage Presentation – “Mulan” was translated into many languages for audiences around the world. Hear some of these languages in the musical sequence “I’ll Make a Man Out of You,” including French, Italian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Swedish and more.
- Classic Backstage Disney Featurettes
- Audio commentary by producer Pam Coats and directors Tony Bancroft and Barry Cook
My thoughts. After giving the live-action movie a chance, I definitely prefer the animated version of the movie. I think it’s extremely hard to compete with the animated version since that is a classic and trying to come close to that magic with live-action is pretty impossible. There were some major things left out in the live-action that in my opinion needed to be there like most notably, Mushu and Mulan’s love interest, Captain Li Shang. There were also cultural things they changed or added that for me, just changed the feel of the movie.
Have you seen it? What are your thoughts, I would love to hear them.
STAY SOCIAL WITH MULAN