The wonderful people at Disney sent me a package fit for an Avenger, a hungry Avenger that is. They sent me a few things to make Infinity Stone cookies that maybe even Thanos would like.
Ingredients – I will let you know that I used the bagged sugar cookie mix just to save some time but here’s the scratch recipe.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks butter (8 oz) unsalted, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment.
Mix on medium until pale and fluffy.
Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix on low till combined.
Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix on low adding a little at a time.
Divide the dough into six equal portions.
Add food coloring to the dough (wear food-safe gloves, mix the dough until it becomes the color you would like).
Wrap each portion in plastic wrap.
Refrigerate till firm, at least one hour or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Let the dough come to room temp.
Roll the dough and use the cookie cutter to cut out the shapes. You will find that the dough needs to be a bit thick to get the design to come out right. My friend Andrew over at Mommy’s Busy Go Ask Daddy found one just like this at Sweet Prints, Inc. **If you don’t have the cutter, you could always use a knife to etch in the design.
Remove excess dough and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Bake for 7-11 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let cool before serving.
Avengers: Infinity War is currently on digital and releases on Blu-ray Tuesday, 8/14.
Have you seen it yet? I am hoping you have because it shattered all opening records, surpassed the $2 billion mark at the global box office in just 48 days, and remains the fourth highest-grossing film of all time! Definitely, a movie that you need to see and own!
The 4K Cinematic Universe Edition’s never-before-seen bonus material grants behind-the-scenes access to MCU members and features the memorable moments when characters first meet, the rationale behind some unexpected on-screen pair-ups, and a funny Super Hero gag reel. Featurettes explore the frighteningly powerful Thanos and two action-packed attempts to prevent his collection of all six Infinity Stones: the struggle on Titan and the massive battle in Wakanda. Deleted scenes and filmmaker commentary reveal even more on-set secrets from Marvel Studios’ monumental undertaking.
The Multi-Screen Edition includes a Blu-ray and a Digital Copy of the film, giving viewers the flexibility to watch the film on different devices. Those with 4K Ultra HD capability may opt for a 4K Cinematic Universe Edition, which includes a 4K Ultra HD disc, a Blu-ray, and a Digital Copy.
And for those who wish to catch up on their MCU history, select retailers are also offering bundled packaging as well as individual Digital and Physical releases of “Marvel’s The Avengers” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron.”
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Strange Alchemy (5:08)– Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time—and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan (6:34) – Explore the MCU’s biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36) – Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos’ ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58) – Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07) **Be sure to grab some tissues, you are gonna cry and laugh, so tears either way.
- Happy Knows Best (1:23) – Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding—until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24) – On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20) – As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Father’s Choice (4:00) – Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel (2:05)– Watch your favorite Super Heroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
- A Directors’ Roundtable (approx. 32 min.) – Eight amazing directors reflect on how their movies contribute to the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s larger storytelling adventure.