From Marvel Studios comes Doctor Strange, the story of world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident renders his hands useless. When traditional medicine fails him, he travels to the remote Kamar-Taj in search of a cure, but instead discovers the mystical arts and becomes a powerful sorcerer battling dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Bring Home The Mystifying, Mind-Bending Journey NOW on Digital HD and on Blu-ray™ Feb. 28.
The film boasts an award-winning cast, including Benedict Cumberbatch (“The Imitation Game,” “Black Mass”) as Dr. Stephen Strange, Chiwetel Ejiofor (“12 Years a Slave,” “Triple 9”) as Mordo, Rachel McAdams (“Spotlight,” “Southpaw”) as Dr. Christine Palmer, Benedict Wong (“The Martian,” “Prometheus”) as Wong, Michael Stuhlbarg (“A Serious Man,” “Steve Jobs”) as Dr. Nicodemus West, Benjamin Bratt (“Traffic,” “Piñero”) as Jonathan Pangborn, and Scott Adkins (“El Gringo,” “The Expendables 2”) as Lucian/Strong Zealot, with Mads Mikkelsen (“The Hunt,” “Casino Royale”) as Kaecilius and Academy Award® winner Tilda Swinton (2007 Best Supporting Actress, “Michael Clayton”; “Julia”) as The Ancient One.
Dr. Stephen Vincent Strange is a brilliant surgeon who is also a smug, egomaniacal, self-centered jerk who, it just so happens, has an affinity for powerful magic. After a terrific car crash that left him unable to do the work he has always done, Dr. Strange goes on a journey to find The Ancient One, who can help him heal his hands and get back to doing what he loves, surgery and making money. Things don’t always go as planned, especially in the Marvel Universe. Strange learns that magic is real, infinite universes are real and he is a natural at all of it.A fallen pupil of The Ancient One has stolen a powerful spell that will if he is able to bring it to fruition, mean the destruction of the universe as we know it. Dr. Strange becomes the unwitting savior of the universe. Universes? Universi? Anyway, he does battle with the evil powers that be in a special effects blow out of an adventure.
This movie is well written, well acted, and the effects are, well, exactly what you would expect from a Marvel Studio blockbuster. Amazing! Especially the effects in this movie, they are actually mind-bending and unbelievable. Benedict Cumberbatch was a perfect choice for Dr. Strange, who, if you didn’t know, is actually one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe, possibly the most powerful.
This is an excellent movie, it has all the trademarks of a Marvel Studio movie, great action, dialog, banter, character development, special effects and, of course, Stan Lee.Get it, it’s absolutely worth it!
Bonus Features (Bonus features may vary by retailer. The DVD does not include any bonus materials.):
DIGITAL HD & BLU-RAY:
- A Strange Transformation – Open your eye to a new dimension of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and see how the filmmakers brought one of comic books’ greatest characters to life.
- Strange Company – Find out what it’s like for the cast to work on a Marvel film, and how Director Scott Derrickson engineered one of the most ambitious, imaginative films ever.
- The Fabric of Reality – Take a closer look at the movie’s extraordinary sets, meticulously crafted costumes and amazingly detailed production elements.
- Across Time and Space – Explore the countless hours of dance and fight choreography the actors endured in preparation for their physically demanding roles.
- The Score-cerer Supreme – Join Composer Michael Giacchino and a full orchestra during live recording sessions, and experience the movie’s mind-bending music.
- Marvel Studios Phase 3 Exclusive Look – Get an early peek at Marvel’s spectacular upcoming films, including Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War.
- Team Thor: Part 2 – See more of the hilarious partnership between Thor and his roommate Darryl in this satirical short.
- Deleted Scenes
- Strange Meets Daniel Drumm
- Kaecilius Searches for Answers
- The Kamar-Taj Courtyard
- Making Contact
- Lost in Kathmandu
- Gag Reel
- Audio Commentary by Director Scott Derrickson