Disney+ the streaming service from Disney will launch in the United Staes on November 12, 2019. The price, which we’ve all been waiting to hear about, will be $6.99 per month, announced today at Disney’s 2019 Investor Day in Burbank, California today.
The launch will include 7,500 episodes, 25 original series, 400 library movie titles, and 100 recent theatrical films releases, according to Agnes Chu, senior vice president, Content, Disney+.
New original titles for Disney+ announced today include:
From Marvel Studios:
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, a live-action series with Anthony Mackie returning as Falcon and Sebastian Stan reprising his role as Winter Soldier
- WandaVision, a live-action series with Elizabeth Olsen returning as Wanda Maximoff and Paul Bettany reprising his role as The Vision
- Marvel’s What If…?, the first animated series from Marvel Studios and takes inspiration from the comic books of the same name. Each episode will explore a pivotal moment from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and turn it on its head, leading the audience into uncharted territory.
From Walt Disney Animation Studios:
- Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2, a documentary series showing the hard work and imagination that go into making one of the most highly anticipated Walt Disney Animation Studios features of all time
From Pixar Animation Studios:
- Toy Story-based projects Forky Asks a Question, an animated short series, and the short film Lamp Life
From National Geographic:
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum, a documentary series where Goldblum pulls back the curtain on a seemingly familiar object to reveal a world of astonishing connections, fascinating science and a whole lot of big ideas
- Magic of the Animal Kingdom, a documentary series which takes viewers behind the scenes with the highly respected animal-care experts, veterinarians and biologists at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Epcot’s SeaBase aquarium
From Disney Television Animation:
- The Phineas and Ferb Movie (working title), an animated film featuring many of the original voice cast
“Disney+ marks a bold step forward in an exciting new era for our company—one in which consumers will have a direct connection to the incredible array of creative content that is The Walt Disney Company’s hallmark. We are confident that the combination of our unrivaled storytelling, beloved brands, iconic franchises, and cutting-edge technology will make Disney+ a standout in the marketplace, and deliver significant value for consumers and shareholders alike,” Iger said.
Scripted originals previously announced for Disney+ include:
- The Mandalorian, the world’s first scripted live-action Star Wars series.
- The exclusive new season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.
- The untitled Cassian Andor series starring Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk;
- The Marvel Studios’ series Loki starring Tom Hiddleston.
- Monsters at Work
- Diary of a Female President
- Live-action films Lady and the Tramp, Noelle, Togo, Timmy Failure and Stargirl.
- Nonfiction series also announced earlier this week include Be Our Chef, Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies (working title), Earthkeepers (working title), Encore!, the untitled Walt Disney Imagineering documentary series, Marvel’s 616, Marvel’s Hero Project, (Re)Connect, Rogue Trip and Shop Class(working title).
Additionally, Disney+ announced that all 30 seasons of The Simpsons will be available on the service on day one. In the service’s first year, audiences will also have access to family-friendly Fox titles like The Sound of Music, The Princess Bride and Malcolm in the Middle as part of an impressive collection of more than 7,500 television episodes and 500 films including blockbuster hits from 2019 and beyond.
Visit DisneyPlus.com to register your email and receive updates on the service.