Two of my favorite things lately are Brussels sprouts and turkey bacon, so when I found some really large Brussels sprouts the other day at the store, I tried to come up with a recipe for them.
I decided to make Turkey Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts. For this super easy recipe all you really need are two ingredients………. Jennie-O Turkey Bacon and Brussels Sprouts
You will want to wash the sprouts and then cut them in half length wise and place in a bowl.
This is where it is up to you what to add, I added olive oil and garlic powder to toss the sprouts in. You don’t have to do this step, or you could go crazy with whatever spices you like. I only used the olive oil because I like the taste and texture of the sprout when cooked. **If using regular bacon, I would definitely leave out the oil, it will produce more than enough on its own.
Now it’s time to wrap and roll! If you have smaller sprouts, you can cut the bacon strip in half to fit better. I like crispy sprout leaves when I roast them, so I threw the extra leaves on the pan. You totally don’t have to do that but if you have never had a crispy sprout leaf, you should try it.
Cook for 30 minutes, remove leaves if you added them, then place on broil for 5 minutes to crisp up that bacon.
Serve with toothpicks or straight from the pan.
- 12 Large Brussels Sprouts
- 24 Strips of Bacon
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Wash Brussels Sprouts, pat dry, cut each one in half
- In a bowl toss Brussels Sprouts, olive oil and garlic powder to coat
- Place sprout cut side down on bacon and roll
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes – You can add any leftover leaves to make crispy chip-like sprouts, just remove the leaves before the next step
- Broil for 5 minutes on high to crisp the bacon
- Serve as is, or by placing a toothpick into each sprout.
STAY SOCIAL WITH JENNIE-O
Disclosure: FSM Media was provided with the product in this post. This is accordance with Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of. Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.