I have a house full of pets and most recently, within the last few months we rescued/adopted a brand new puppy. Radar is about 8 months now and still a puppy in the fullest. One of the things we still need to work on is his eating habits. If we put food down he will gobble it up all at once, not sure if this is a puppy thing or he’s afraid that cats will eat his food, I feel it’s a little of both.
When I was asked to review the newly released Six Meal Automatic Pet Feeder from the PetSafe Brand I thought it was a great opportunity to help train Radar. It’s a timed feeder that let’s you set up 1 to 6 meals a day for your pet.
When you receive the six meal feeder you will get the machine with six slots, a removable bowl, a quick start guide and a one year warranty. You will need to purchase D batteries since it takes four to run.
The next thing to do is set the digital clock, and add the food to the machine. Each tray holds one cup of dry dog or cat food. It says that it will also work with moist dry food, not wet. When that is done, close the lid and you are now ready to set the timer.
This part all depends on you and your animal. If you have a pet that needs to eat on a schedule to weight or a medical issue you can enter the times you want your pet to eat. You can program up six pre-portioned meals any way you would like. If six meals is too much, set it for 2 meals a day, or three, again, it is up to your pets needs.
This is perfect if you want to keep your pet on a schedule while you are away or at work. You can feel better knowing that they haven’t eaten all their food and are left with an empty bowl till you return. The machine even has a sleep mode, so if for any reason you don’t want the food to dispense, you just push the seep mode button and it will stop.
If you want to dispense a meal right way they have a button for that as well, Just push and out comes the meal. You can see a quick demo of how it works in the following short video:
- Automatically feeds 1 to 6 pre-portioned meals a day up to 1-cup each on your pet’s schedule
- Quick and easy setup with the built-in digital clock and LCD display
- Pet-proof dispenser helps keep prying paws from turning the tray to steal food
- Clear, locking lid allows for a quick refill check while keeping the food fresh and secure
- Sleep option stops food from dispensing without losing the programmed meal schedule
- Best for cats and small dogs
- Six tray slots hold up to 1-cup each of dry or semi-moist cat or dog food and the bowl holds 1-cup
- Easy to clean with a removable, dishwasher safe bowl and tray carousel
- Constructed of BPA-free, food grade materials
- For indoor use only
- Battery powered (requires 4 D-cell alkaline batteries, not included) with estimated battery life of 9 months
- Low-battery indicator
Where to Buy
STAY SOCIAL WITH PETSAFE