OREO Cookie Cake Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Oreo Cookie Cake
- 1 pkg. devil’s food chocolate cake mix
- 4 squares BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate OR you can use the New Chocolate Glazes they have out now 🙂
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pkg. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 12 Oreo cookies coarsely crushed
- HEAT oven to 350ºF
- PREPARE cake batter and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package.
- Cool cakes in pans 10 min.
- Invert cakes onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
- MELT chocolate and butter in a double boiler in the stove or use the microwave on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. (I prefer the double boiler since the chocolate tends to scorch in the microwave)
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted. <g class=”gr_ gr_50 gr-alert gr_gramm undefined Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep” id=”50″ data-gr-id=”50″>Cool</g> 5 min.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended.
- Gently stir in COOL WHIP and crushed cookies.
- Stack cake layers on plate, spreading cream cheese mixture between layers. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand until firm. Keep refrigerated.
TIP][br]Add red or green food coloring to the cream cheese mixture to achieve that Christmas feel.[br][br]Recipe adapted from Kraft