This is one of the easiest dessert recipes you can make for your family, and it comes courtesy of my husband’s Grandmother, who lovingly went by Omma. Even though Omma has left us, we still remember her every time we make this recipe and I am honored to pass this recipe on to my children and to you.
Omma’s Chocolate Chip Pound Cake only has three ingredients, Sara Lee Pound Cake, Cool Whip and chocolate chip morsels.
You start by thawing the pound cake and the Cool Whip, then slice the pound cake equally into two parts.
Slather both sides of the pound cake evenly with Cool Whip, then place one side on top of the other Cool Whip side down.
In a small bowl, add the rest of the Cool Whip, and half the bag of chocolate morsels and combine.
Start icing the pound cake with the Cool Whip mixture making sure you cover the entire cake.
Then slice and serve.
- Sara Lee Pound Cake
- 1 Tub of Cool Whip
- 1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- Start by thawing the pound cake and Cool Whip
- Slice the pound Cake into two equal parts
- Slather both sides of the pound cake with cool whip evenly, then place one side on top of the other cool whip side down.
- In a small bowl, add the rest of the cool whip, and half the bad of chocolate morsels and combine
- Start adding the mixture to the pound cake like you would icing a cake, making sure you cover the entire cake
- Then slice and serve