This past weekend we took a trip to Hershey, Pa to HersheyPark in the Dark for the very first time. We LOVE Halloween and we also have an October birthday to celebrate my youngest’s 13th birthday, so this was the perfect excursion to celebrate both.
What You Need To Know
HersheyPark is open from 5-10 p.m. Fridays, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturdays and from noon-9 p.m. Sundays beginning on Oct. 14 and continuing through October 30th. Hershey Chocolate World, which is located right outside the park is open till 11pm on Friday and Saturday and until 10pm on Sunday.
Hersheypark In The Dark admission is $36. Seniors Kids ages 3-8 are $25, and children 2 and under are FREE. **You purchase a full-price, one-day admission ticket to Hersheypark In The Dark online and receive vouchers for one FREE treat and one FREE game!
Kids 12 and younger are invited to dress up and enjoy a trick-or-treat adventure starting at Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction and continuing through Treatville, our hometown village of treats and sweets!
- Hershey’s Trick-or-Treat Adventure with two locations – Hershey’s Chocolate World and Treatville, a hometown village of treats and sweets inside Hersheypark, for children 12 and younger (costumes are encouraged).
- Fall-themed food and beverage offerings including pumpkin funnel cakes, pumpkin chili and more!
- Live entertainment including favorites “Screaming Mummies,” a band of misfit mummies and their classic Halloween tunes, performing in the Amphitheatre. Additional entertainment offerings including “Boo Crew,” “Monster Party,” and “Treatville Tales” will be located at the exit ofTreatville.
- Hersheypark In The Dark will offer meet and greet opportunities with your favorite Hershey’s Characters.
Exclusively available during Hersheypark In The Dark! Ride Laff Trakk with the lights off from open to close and enjoy dark rides on three of our favorite coasters, Wildcat, Comet, and Lightning Racer during the last hour of every night.
We ended up going on the Laff Trakk and it was a blast! It was completely dark, so you had no clue what was coming! Plus, we had a laugh waiting in line looking into the funhouse mirrors.
Creatures Of The Night
After dark, bring your flashlight for a tour of Creatures Of The Night at ZooAmerica – all included in your one-price admission to Hersheypark In The Dark.
- NEW See our newest additions – two black bears and two armadillos!
- Guests may observe the nocturnal habits of North American species with programs and activities nightly starting at 6 p.m.
- Pumpkin treats for select animals.
- Guests are encouraged to bring a flashlight, or purchase one at the gift shop.
- For guests who are only wishing to enjoy Creatures Of The Night (starting at 6 p.m.) or ZooAmerica (open daily at 10 a.m.), there is a separate admission at the Zoo’s off-street entrance.
Bring a flashlight! You will need it to navigate through the Zoo and to watch the animals eating pumpkins like the cute armadillos above. As soon as we entered we heard the wolves howling! So perfect for a dark Halloween-themed night at the park. We did get to see the bears eat, but I didn’t snap pics since I didn’t want to spook them with a flash.
Check the Weather
Last but not least, check the weather before you head to the park. It was chilly the night we went so light jackets were needed, especially if you plan on getting on any of the rides.
There’s nothing like walking through an amusement park at night. The lights, the smells, the sounds, all seem extraordinary at night. Halloween themed lights and music like this super fun pumpkin scene.
Looks like fun, right?
You only have two more weekends to go, purchase your Hersheypark In The Dark tickets today!
Stay Connected with HersheyPark Online
Disclosure: FSM Media was hosted by Hershey on a recent trip and most expenses were paid.