Every year I make all kinds of goodies for the Holiday; cookies, cakes, and all kinds of chocolate bark. I love making bark because I can let my imagination take over and create new flavors each and every time, so essentially creating something new each time I make it.
This time I decided to make chocolate bark using my usual semi-sweet chocolate and Post Grape Nuts® cereal because I love the idea of the having a crunchy bark.
- 8 ounces of Semi-Sweet Baker’s Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups of Post Grape Nuts® cereal (place half on the side)
- 1/2 cup chocolate morsels
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
If you have a double boiler, I would suggest using it to melt the chocolate rather than the microwave – the chocolate is quick to scorch that way. I don’t have a double boiler, so I use a pot of water and a round glass baking dish that sits just above the water. Make sure the water is low, so it when you bring it to a boil it doesn’t sputter out into the chocolate mixture.
- Bring the water to a boil and place the baking dish, add both boxes of Baker’s chocolate and turn the heat to medium to start melting.
- While the chocolate is melting, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Stir the chocolate to make sure it is smooth and silky, turn off the flame, then add in 1 cup of Grape Nuts® cereal. Make sure the cereal is fully covered in chocolate.
- Pour the mixture onto the cookie sheet and spread evenly. If you want a thicker bark, don’t spread as thin and vice versa.
- Add 1/2 cup of Grape Nuts® cereal and chocolate morsels on top
- Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator, and cool for about 30-40 minutes, or until set. You can also place them in the freezer for about 20 minutes if you want it faster.
- You will then have a complete sheet of solid chocolate. Take out and break into pieces by hand and serve.
Here’s an added bonus to trying out this recipe and purchasing Grape Nuts®. When you purchase not only Post Grape Nuts® but any participating Post cereal brands you can enter the SING© Movie Sweepstakes for a chance to win a $100,000 grand prize plus the chance to win instant prizes like movie tickets, speakers and more!
Just like my chocolate bark is a tradition in our household, so is spending time together with my family. During the holiday’s we love going out together to look at the holiday lights or seeing the latest movie. We’ll be seeing SING© when it comes out on December 21st.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Promotion starts 11/1/16 at 12:00 PM (noon) ET and ends 3/31/2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US/DC, 18 years of age or older. See Official Rules for instructions on how to enter, how to obtain codes without purchase, prize details, restrictions, odds of winning, etc. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor: Post Consumer Brands, LLC.
Let me know if you try the chocolate bark recipe and what you think of it!